Skip to content
- Grasping Microgestures: Eliciting Single-hand Microgestures for Handheld Objects. CHI’19, Proceedings of the SIGCHI Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems, Glasgow, UK. May 2019. (Accepted)
- FingerInput: Capturing Expressive Single-Hand Thumb-to-Finger Microgestures for On-Skin Input. ISS’18, Proceedings of the 2018 ACM International Conference on Interactive Surfaces and Spaces, Tokio, Japan. November 2018. (⭐ Best paper award)
- Joan Sol Roo, Jean Basset, Pierre-Antoine Cinquin, and Martin Hachet. Understanding Users’ Capability to Transfer Information between Mixed and Virtual Reality: Position Estimation across Modalities and Perspectives. CHI’18, Proceedings of the 2017 CHI Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems, Montreal, Canada. April 2018.
- Damien Clergeaud*, Joan Sol Roo*, Martin Hachet, Pascal Guitton. Towards Seamless Interaction between Physical and Virtual Locations for Asymmetric Collaboration. VRST’17, 23rd ACM Symposium on Virtual Reality Software and Technology, Gothenburg, Sweden. November 2017. *Shared first co-authorship.
- Joan Sol Roo, Martin Hachet. One Reality: Augmenting How the Physical World is Experienced by Combining Multiple Mixed Reality Modalities. UIST’17, ACM Symposium on User Interface Software and Technology, Quebec, Canada. October 2017.
- Joan Sol Roo, Martin Hachet. Towards a Hybrid Space Combining Spatial Augmented Reality and Virtual Reality. 3DUI’17, IEEE Symposium on 3D User Interfaces, California, USA. 2017. March 2017. (⭐ Best Tech-note Award)
- Joan Sol Roo, Renaud Gervais, Martin Hachet. Inner Garden: an Augmented Sandbox Designed for Self-Reflection. TEI’16, Tenth International Conference on Tangible, Embedded, and Embodied Interaction, Eindhoven, Netherlands. Feb 2016. (Work in Progress)
- Joan Sol Roo, Renaud Gervais, Jerémy Frey, Martin Hachet. Inner Garden: Connecting Inner States to a Mixed Reality Sandbox for Mindfulness. CHI’17, Proceedings of the 2017 CHI Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems, May 2017, Denver, USA. 2017. (⭐ Best Paper, Honorable mention)
- Renaud Gervais, Joan Sol Roo, Martin Hachet. Tangible Viewports: Getting Out of Flatland in Desktop Environments. TEI’16, Tangible, Embedded and Embodied Interaction, Eindhoven, Netherlands. February 2016.
- Joan Sol Roo, Christian Richardt. Temporally Coherent Video De-Anaglyph. SIGGRAPH 2014, Vancouver, Canada. August 2014. (poster)
- Joan Sol Roo. One Reality: Augmenting the human experience through the combination of physical and digital worlds. P.h.D manuscript, defended December 2017, Bordeaux, France.
- Renaud Gervais, Joan Sol Roo, Jérémy Frey, Martin Hachet. Introspectibles: Tangible Interaction to Foster Introspection. In CHI 2016 Computing and Mental Health Workshop (CHI ’16 Workshop), California, USA. May 2016. http://mentalhealth.media.mit.edu/2016-2/
- Joan Sol Roo, Renaud Gervais, Jérémy Frey, Martin Hachet. Augmented Human Experience: Spatial Augmented Reality and Physiological Computing. ETIS, European Tangible Interaction Studio Winter School, Fribourg, Switzerland. January 2016. http://www.etis.estia.fr/etis-2016.html